– We are continuing our Vinnytsia Business Hub project. I would like to remind you that this project exists today thanks to Glyanec Company and participation in this project by KvitenProdaction. Those who are waiting for the fried facts or those who are expecting some scandals are not about us and this is not here. Our project is complementary, our project is useful. And he talks about the positive experience of working on the Internet, in the network, for companies that we usually get used to, at least, in the traditional, so to speak, business. Today we are going to talk about the real estate agency, and today we are talking to the owner of the Vinnytsia real estate agency Mykola Mishchenko. It is a real estate agency "Improvement". Kohl, hello.
– Since we are talking today about the Internet, about the network, but I still wonder. I am a teacher by education, but I became a journalist. And today, you run the Wellbeing Agency, a real estate agency. How did it come to this?
– We are former colleagues.
– Even so!
– I am also a former coach, a former educator. But it happened that he had to change his direction and find himself in real estate. Now I'm moving still.
– I move real estate. By the way, well said. Well, I see that sport is no stranger to you today. You said you were a coach.
– And what kind of sports coach?
– Kohl, because the real estate agency, and today many real estate agencies use the information society and work in the network. It is very convenient. Because the age has passed when advertisements were made in the press, in some other places. How long did you come to creating your agency's website?
– We use the site, we use our personal age 5-6. This is 100%. And what concerns the use of the Internet in general – this is probably another 12 years and maybe even a little more.
– Then let's try to clarify. What does it mean to "use the network before"? That is, you didn't have your own site, and what did you do before?
– Well, over time, as a business, I realized that there are so many customers and businesses are starting to work mostly on the Internet, we have come to the conclusion that we need to get away from this classic understanding of business on the Internet. The very concept of the Internet – it includes many aspects, because it is the Internet – common use (such as wifi), but now, with the advancement of new technologies, we have realized that all business goes through the media, through various everyday sources and without the Internet anywhere . It is the Internet – it has gained such popularity in the last 8-9 years. It is in our business. Before that, there were portals, there were many innovative sites that made it a business in our business to sell them through these portals. But they came to the idea that it is necessary to develop something personal: your portal, your program, your CRM-system. Therefore, when we were choosing a good partner, we first of all chose from his qualities, from his portfolio. And when we started to choose from the creators of the sites, first of all, we paid attention to the quantity, the quality, how much they work quickly, the feedback was usually important to us. That is why my colleagues recommended that you consult some good professionals. Well chosen from many offers "Glyanec".
– But I wonder when you chose Glyanec – how was it? Initially, you offered the same brief to different partners, that is, an order – whatever you would like. And in the end, they did your previous job and you decided the gloss was the best. Whether the choice was made otherwise. That is, through conversations, you watched the portfolio, listened to reviews. How was the choice made?
– I will say that in order to get the version that our site currently has – it is up-to-date, we have changed several programmers before. One thing is the software and the other is the TOR, the technical task. A task that a company can give. When we approached our programmers with our technical assignment, some of us were even terrified and running away. Because it was such a powerful technological system that even the programmers couldn't handle it. But, with Glyanec, we are a little lucky, because in the ranks of this company are still working people who are directly and related to real estate. So it was easy for us to understand each other. It was very difficult to write a technical assignment, but it then bore fruit.
– OK. Kohl, you're still not a programmer, far from programming. Who formed the brief? That is, did you formulate some requirements for the site and what were they? Did you want a beautiful site, did you want a user-friendly interface, a fast site, a solid site, perhaps a better visualization? What briefing tasks were the most important for you that you set for programmers? Because I understand that the basic requirements are, at least, that you want how the site worked you put.
– Yes of course. First, we had two requirements. It was a program that was designed primarily for our employees, for my colleagues. To make it easy for every new specialist to work, to make it unique, to have great functionality. This is an internal program. And, based on this program, a site was also linked and modified. And the site, of course, the criterion of quality, the criterion for this site to exist were requirements such that it was the best, modern, concise. To be consistent with the current market trends and be accessible.
– Kohl, look. You created a brief with the programmers, or at least the techies who put the terms to the creators of the site that you wanted. It's been 5 or nearly 6 years since this site has existed. So tell me, for today, it can already be, and newcomers will be engaged in it, those who hear us, develop. How many mistakes did it take to transform the site over these 5-6 years? Because business was changing and requirements were changing. For example, during these 5-6 years we had to change, which had to be improved. What are the points in the interface, what are the points in the needs of the site? Maybe the customers, maybe there were some comments directly from the employees?
– If I say now that we have earned it, it will not be true. It is constantly being refined.
– It is a living organism. It will be constantly refined. So I was wondering what has changed in these 5 years.
– I have a dedicated person for this purpose. Responsible. Even I do not do this. Because it's a very complicated thing. This should be dealt with by a person who really lives, monitors, checks every day. So this person every day, as far as I know, there are some changes, some changes. Website and software are like living organisms. Constantly come out any bugs, flaws, refinements. Plus we see from the feedback of our customers, our employees where to earn, what to earn. To put it bluntly, the concept that was programmed in the initial stages – it remained. The only thing that is added is such small, at first glance, imperceptible details that are being improved. Because my specialist in charge of this, as well as the specialist of Gloss, is constantly finding something new, innovative. They take a great deal from examples of other sites developed. Sites that truly carry such innovative technology. So I can say, sometimes, if I get back to the time when it was formed, when it was written, and now it is heaven and earth.
– I draw the attention of our listeners, and those who may be listening to the podcast, and our viewers, in the structure of the team of Nicholas there is a person in charge of the site. Why? Because there are people who fully rely on changes to the site and make only new requirements for the partner, the creator of the site, the company that serves. In this context, we're talking about Glyanec. But Nicholas has in the company resources the person responsible for this. Kohl, that is, he constantly monitors the health of the site. Am I correct? Does he directly make contact with Glyanec?
– This is his main job from morning till evening.
– That's cool. Basically, this means that the site is really full. The site is big, powerful. Otherwise, without a person who would monitor the work of the site can not do. So at the end of our conversation, I think we have made the most important point. Several questions of this nature. Tell me, can you share how expensive it is for you to maintain a site today for a month, any reporting period?
– Of course I can. But this is a bit of a wrong question. I'll tell myself already. If those who plan to have a site in the future, if they turn to programmers and he tells them that he can write a site for $ 2500-5000 – do not believe it. A good website for it to be effective, for it to be recognizable, for it not to be ashamed for it to make a profit – this is the order of prices starting from $ 50,000 and above.
– It's solid. Questions of this nature then. Today, analyzing that advertising and promos and opportunities to realize themselves are great. Do you resort to any online advertising campaigns today? This refers to newspaper ads, billboards. And so, when you analyze this situation, the people who are calling you, now, are the scales swinging in which direction? Are most customers now coming through the site or through some other sources of information? Is there such an analysis?
– We have. We do our own analytics. We see how many users are accessing through our portal through our site. What is the number of our customers through other portals with which we also interact. Because this is normal practice. There are currently two high-power portals in Vinnytsia and Ukraine. I do not want to advertise them in the form of advertising.
– These are portals that work in the real estate market.
– So. It is the promotion of ads, advertising. Therefore, I can say that yes – a certain amount goes from there, but given that the tendency to quality, to the assignment of some of his personal chips, achievements, vision, then everything goes by the fact that his site works personal. Because theirs, as they say, is more adapted to you. It works. You invest more in your resources than in someone else's, something that you do not own.
– Finally, the site today allows practically now to cover the whole of Ukraine, not just Ukraine. Now any person from anywhere in the world can apply if they need something in Vinnitsa: rent a house, buy a house, etc. This greatly expands the geography. Kohl, at the end of our conversation. Tell me. Let's imagine that those who are at the beginning of this journey are listening to us. Well, there are always competitors. But at the same time, there are some things that you, as an experienced person, might say: “Don't do this. This is a mistake. " You could share some of your tips for teapots, for those who are going to open their website today and not necessarily in the real estate industry. That is, cooperation with the creators of the site. And maybe give some advice to those who work in the field. Who knows, maybe these people will eventually work with you and you.
– There are tips of course. As a manager who has already passed enough tests, I have enough knowledge, I can say. If you don't, then nothing will work. Sometimes, as in our example, to find those programmers who would write under our requirements, which would make a wonderful site, sometimes it takes a couple of times and "catch up" on bad programmers. Well, I do not want to humiliate them in any way. But, really, if you start doing something, then life will definitely bring you to those professionals with whom you will find common ground. And if you are correct, clearly state your needs, your requirements – there will be more between you, I always call them persons who could have your visions, your visions translated into the language of programmers. So they can understand you. Then it will come out of this tandem a very good product that everyone will be proud of. Therefore, nothing is important for beginners. The only wish is to choose from professionals, from those who have already done something similar. Never regret this in either time or resources. If you really want it to be a decent looking product, then you have to give it time, energy, etc.
– Well, I understand that, if I have already found the right programmers – to form a clear brief, a clear task. Imagine what you want. And then, most likely, you get the product you order.
– So it is.
– That's all, actually. I hope this conversation has been helpful to you. This is not the last conversation in the context of our Vinnytsia Business Hub project. Today we talked with the owner of the real estate agency "Improvement" Vinnitsa Mykola Mishchenko. Thank you for your attention.
– Thank you.
The interview was conducted by Yuri Kviten'.